Chenab Club Faisalabad
Chenab Club was the first leisure in Faisalabad, established in 1910. It is adjacent to Jinnah Park and located almost in the heart of the city. During the first decade of the 20th century, Mr. Henry cues (1904-1906), the first deputy commissioner (D.C.) of Lyallpur (now Faisalabad), conceived a plan to establish a social club where the British officers serving in "Sandal Bar" could gather at their leisure. The proposed plan was brought into action in December 1909 when Captain Dugglis was appointed as new D.C. of Lyallpur. Since the club was supposed to cater for the British officers for their non-official social activities, therefore no money was sanctioned by the Government for the construction of this club. During the initial phase of the construction of club, all the expenditures incurred were borne by "British Sahib Bahadurs" (British Officers).
In March 1910, Club was established in Qaisary Bagh (Now Company Bagh/Jinnah Gardens). The land for this purpose was acquired from "Irrigation Dept".
Club Road (Adjacent to Jinnah Park), Faisalabad, Pakistan
(041) 2627307 , 2627304 , 2627306 , 2627305
Official Website: The Chenab Club Limited
Facebook: The Chenab Club Limited
Twitter: The Chenab Club Limited
Wikipedia: The Chenab Club Limited
- First President and Secretary: Mr.C.V. Salusbury
- Honourary Secretary: Mr. J.M. Crummy
- Present President: Mr.Naseem Sadiq
- Present Secretary: Mr.Ahmad Usman